9.11.2013

How did he learn?

I've been wondering how and when my sweet baby boy would learn to do All-Things Boy.  



I mean my playtime with Ethan usually involves books, colors, play dough, blocks, singing really loud, laughing. If we play with cars its only for a bit and then we move onto something else. Probably because mommy doesn't make cool car noises like daddy does.

Well after 20 months of knowing Ethan Bear I now know that the how would be my husband and the when was upon birth.  

Turns out he just knows! He knows to laugh at himself when he toots. He knows to giggle when he burps. He knows that the best way to play with cars is to use the wall as the road. He knows that soccer balls, basketballs, and footballs are the absolute best! The other night I learned that he also knows how to "stab" like you would do with a sword ... sound effects and all. Wow! Travis bought a multi-tool and had it sitting on his lap. Ethan just reached for it and started "playing". It was the funniest thing in the world. It was just the most normal thing to him.  Boys!




You know growing up with two brothers and now being a sister to three, this should not surprise me in the least. Yet, I'm amazed. Honestly I wouldn't want it any other way. Even though Travis will teach him all-things boy, I know that he will also teach him all-things man.  And for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment