6.24.2014

Mommy & Ethan Days

The first thing I think when I hear my husband say:

"Me and the boys are thinking of going on a camping trip"

is 

"Yippee! I get Ethan all to myself!"

Don't get me wrong, I love me some family time. Seeing my boys together makes my heart happy, happy, happy. But getting Ethan all to myself is the best little gift. I will admit that by the end of the weekend I am one exhausted mommy. But during the weekend I am the happiest girl in the world. 

Sharing Ethan is something I have to remind myself to do. It's good for him too. My poor parents and friends had to ask to hold him when he was a baby. The thought never even crossed my mind. Listen, I already have to leave the boy five days of every week. Any time I get with him is just precious.

I remember it took me almost an entire year not to cry on Monday mornings when it came time to go back to the working world. I long for evenings and weekends with my boy. I'm so thankful for a hubby who shares the drop off and pick up duties. I can only imagine the tears (on my part) if I had to drop off.  I would be a blubbering mess! It's easier now that he's older and I see his excitement when we tell him tomorrow is a Mimi Day. He likes going and playing with his friends. That definitely makes it easier.

But I digress...
 

So the hubby goes camping and me and Ethan get an entire weekend all to ourselves! Yay!

Sometimes Ethan & Mommy days are spent at home with bubbles and crafts and toy fun. But this one we spent running errands and we mixed in some fun to make the day extra happy.  

On Saturday ... Well to be fair I should say that this was the first trip Ethan shed tears to see his daddy leave. Normally he's all "bye daddy" but this time was different. He was so sad that he didn't get to go camping. All weekend he kept saying: "When I get taller, taller, taller I go camping too, right Mommy?"

sweet boy!

But back to Saturday... We went to church, took a nap, then had a play date with a friend. There was a kiddie pool and sprinkler fun and yummy watermelon. And Ethan even came home with a new (to him) piano!




We started the day off with donuts. He was excited to sit in a big chair sans booster or high chair.


Then we were off to Home Depot for some paint samples. Ethan shared his happy by playing music for everyone. 





Next up: Sprouts for some blueberries. We decided we would bake some muffins for daddy as a welcome home gift. 

I caught this picture on the way home.  I love getting a glimpse of him in my rear view mirror enjoying the ride. Such a big kid!


Back at home we had some baking fun. The recipe was so easy that Ethan got to help with almost every step.




I didn't get a picture of our final masterpiece but daddy said they were yummy!

After baking there was some ball playing and lots of giggles. 

I love Mommy & Ethan days!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment