9.25.2013

Happy, Happy, Happy

One of the first things I learned about Ethan after meeting him was that he was a happy boy. And better yet loves to share his happy. 

Before words, he would catch my eye with a smile and make my whole world. Never mind that the overnight bottles were still dirty at 3pm. Or that the two shirts with spit up were still on the floor. One look at that sweet dimpled smile and the sun was shining down on our day. 

Ethan shares his happy everywhere he goes... at the park, at home, at the grocery store.
 
We'll just be shopping and talking and all of a sudden I notice someone looking our way. At first I think it's the yoga pants and no make-up that catches their eye.  But no it's Ethan. They are smiling as if saying thank you. Thank you for making their day with his happy. My mommy heart fills up every. single. time.

I vividly remember one day when a bad mood caught me by surprise.  Ethan was at the crawling stage and I was still getting the hang of balancing being a mommy, a wife, and a working girl that needed a daily shower. The wave of ugly came on quick and without warning. I noticed it and quickly put myself in the timeout chair - literally. Travis noticed me sitting there with my arms crossed and let me be.  (He's great like that) He and Ethan just kept playing and laughing. I was sitting there wanting to smile but physically couldn't. 

Then all of a sudden Ethan stopped, looked at me and smiled. 

With his one smile he was telling me how much he loved me. With one smile he was telling me it was all going to be okay. The ugly wave disappeared and I thanked God for showing His love through my child - through His child.

Words cannot describe the gratitude in my heart for my Ethan Bear. I'm so thankful that God picked me to be his mommy. I always tell Ethan that God made him perfect for our family. He just sparkles!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! Your happy is contagious as well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete