10.20.2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

This week I celebrated my birthday and Ya'll it was a fabulous day!  

Awesome purple "block-out-the-work-world" headphones from my hubby. Flowers from a sweet 8 year-old girl that I hope to be like one day. Mini nothing bundt cakes from my BFF. Hugs and kisses from Travis and Ethan to start off my day. Cards, phone calls, texts, and fabulous Facebook posts that kept me laughing and feeling the birthday love all day. Add to that a pre-birthday dinner with the hubby and son. Then add to that birthday dinner with my son picnic-style followed by some Lego building and you got yourself a VERY happy birthday girl!!

I was so birthday happy that it seriously took everything in me not to end all of my work emails with "It's My Birthday!". 

I have to admit, I did respond "Good Morning, it's my birthday" to a few peeps that morning. 

I just couldn't help myself!

All day I kept thinking how funny it is that my life is completely different than what I imagined it to be at 35. I always thought of a 35 year-old as someone who had it completely together. I mean it's the official mathematical mid-thirties after all. A girl at 35 doesn't second guess a thing because she has it all figured out. 

But we all know or soon will - 

That the fun part is getting to figure it all out. That the fun is in changing up ourselves as much or as little as we want while we move through the years. We get to ... umm - well figure it out.

Personally, I'm very happy with 35...

  • I'm a wife to a fabulous husband who loves me through all of my days
  • I'm a mommy to a great kid who has a great sense of humor and always makes me laugh. I don't  just love him - I like him.  The boy is funny! One night he played a video over and over and laughed at how I was saying "wait".  It was greatness!!  One funny look and you'll find yourself in a laughing conversation with him when you least expect it. 
  • I'm a daughter and sister to a family who loves each other through it all and just for who we are
  • I'm a friend to the best group of people in the world who teach me so much and find the fun in it all
  • I'm a fellow Sister in Christ with a great church family that teaches and loves 

All of these roles are a privilege and a gift. And God has really shown me over the past year how to appreciate and love every single one of them.

So while 35 isn't what it appeared to be back when I was 20. It is exactly where I want to be and who I want to be right this second.  

Yay 35!  Let's make it a great one!


No comments:

Post a Comment